nycxhobbes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5 Sprint&Generic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxp View Post
Bugs I found when dialing 911:

1) place call to 911
2) Once done talking to 911 service, hang up.
3) Dial anyone from contact list or any phone number
RESULT: It'll always dial 911 until the phone is soft reset.

This bug is in version 9 Neodium
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not as I am aware that some phones will go into an "emergency only" mode if you dial 911. I am on the same rom and here is what happened when I tested it. ***Note: I felt a need to test this as it could be a potentially dangerous bug as I work as an EMT for the fire department where I live so 911 calls are a bit sensitive to me. After dialing 911, and hanging up right before the call connects it seems that the phone does go into an emergency mode of some sort as it automatically shuts off the data and goes into 1x. I get the message that the answering modem has disconnected for some unknown reason etc... etc... Also when I try to call any person on my contacts list right after the call just never connects. No ring, just two beeps telling me that the phone disconnected the call. Now I am running the cookie v9 Neodium so it is possilbe the cookie home tab does not show that the phone is in "emergency mode" but I am aware that on my old touch pro this was the case. On my old TP1 if you called 9-1-1 the phone would go into an "emergency only" mode and only 911 called would be able to dialed. I assume this would happen on the TP2 as well. Now I realize that this is not exactly the same issue that you had but it is still important nonetheless i believe. The emergency mode shuts off all the processes of the phone and doesn't allow any calls in or out to disturb the call. As there is better 1x coverage it immediately switches to that and closes off data as well. Aso long as after a soft reset your phone calls go to normal I don't believe you have anything to worry about as the "emergency only" puts the phone in a state that will give it the best probablity of staying connected and therefore giving you the best possibility of survival if in fact your life is in danger. Hopefully this clears things up and if there is in fact a bug, Vin can address it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.