View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 03:06 PM
gokudre
Regular 'Geeker

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 17| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusky03 View Post
No, Im saying I am not getting a memory leak and even at the lowest I have seen my RAM with this ROM (12,000k... Trying to slow this thing down with 4 of the most RAM heavy apps I have) I have zero slowdown because of it. If you just want more RAM just to have more RAM then any real PC tech is going to tell you unused RAM is wasted RAM. Also like with a PC your RAM in going to increase a little bit from a fresh boot. I have had memory leaks on a PC before and I start at 37% used and wake up the next morning with 98-99% used and the system is utterly crawling.
Not the case. If i open my RSS feed and click links that will open my brower while simply listening to a podcast the phone starts to freeze. When the ram drops below a certain point it puts a strain on the phone. When running a rom with a higher free ram i dont have this issue. so thats why im shopping for a lite rom. You may not get slowdown but i do. Havent quite put my finger on it but through trial and error ive experianced that if i have enuff free ram the phone runs smoother. Now obviously i know theres an extreme... i dont needs Gigs of free ram. lol. Besides... it was a simple question of how much free there was availible with the 2 builds... just looking for a simple answer....... =) thanks.