View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
lpi408
Lurker

lpi408 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Recommendation for those still having problems with this rom update and syncing your contacts with Outlook.

To recap I have been having a BIG problem with this updated rom, any time I sync my phone with outlook 2007 or edit a contact on my phone my phone will freeze/ locks-up forcing me to soft reset. After spending many countless hours of trying to come up with a solution I have come to the conclusion that that there is something about my phone that this rom does not like. And that is when I decided to try for the first time SPB Mobile Shell and I must say “I LOVE IT”, as a matter of fact I am thankful that HTC’s shell w/sense 2.5 was causing such a problem on my phone because it gave me the opportunity to try SPB’s mobile shell. In my opinion, I think SPB if a far superior shell once you customize it to your liking. I am able to sync all my contact without any problem, and I also noticed that SPB does a better job managing my available free memory.

Pros.
1. Very customizable, much more so than HTC’s shell w/sense 2.5.
2. Very fast and user friendly interface: I feel I am able to operate and navigate my phone much more efficiently and quickly vs. HTC’s shell w/ sense 2.5. Having 2 profiles, a Professional profile and a Lifestyle profile, is especially useful; having both profiles enabled at the same time is my favorite feature.
3. Great memory utilization- at start-up I have 102 megs free and after a full days use I never go below 78 megs free vs. HTC sense 92 at start-up and I am very quickly down to 50 megs free with a little use.
4. Absolutely love how smart and well thought-out this program is, I love the Google search bar widget, and the birthday widget should keep me from forgetting those important birthdays and anniversaries, and hopefully keep me out of trouble.
5. I no longer have problems syncing to Outlook, nor have I had a single lockup using SPB mobile shell.
6. Free to try for 15 days, and easy to uninstall should you decide it is not for you. The cost is only $30 which I think is very reasonable for anyone who places any value on their time, after spending a full weekend trying unsuccessfully to get my phone to sync using HTC’s shell w/ sense 2.5, this is the best $30 I have spent in a longtime.

Cons
1. Customizing your phone becomes very addicting.
2. No widget for monitoring stocks.
3. Weather widget is not animated but does give more weather information. The weather widget cannot monitor more than 1 city’s weather at a time.