View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 03:54 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 FM Radio Questions/Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
Silly question but if this works does that mean TMC will a GPS program would work as well?
Not officially, but there are hacks / programs at XDA that pull the RDS data and convert to a standard TMC stream that GPS Nav programs will read. Not that there are really any TMC broadcasts in the US unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
And an even sillier question; would my phone be able to TRANSMIT radio signals? Meaning I can set it to 88.1 and listen to my phone in my car on that station?
Although some of the FM/BT modules do include FM transmit functionality, I'm not sure that the one in the TP2 does. Even in devices where the chip technically supports broadcast though, I don't think I've ever seen one hacked to enable that capability.
This post has been thanked 1 times.