View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Jimbo282
Lurker

Jimbo282 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewandy5 View Post
I've been using this rom for a while now on my Diamond and I love it. However I'm not liking the full qwerty on this thing as it's rather small, so is there a way to get the regular phone keypad or compact qwerty back? I know it's been asked before but I could not find an answer.
I believe the Nikoan89 keyboard is installed (if not install it) but to activate the phonepad you need to use the registry. Get something like PHMRegedit and goto the following:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > ezsip
2. Change the registry: BioToShowMenu to 1 (decimal) and hit ok
3. The menu with all the keyboard options should appear and then just select Phonepad

Even under Settings > Personal > Input it might read as full qwerty but the phonepad is being used and you can change settings without it reverting back. The full qwerty still does very rarely pop-up on certain things such as filtering for a contact, or some password fields which in most cases is more suitable anyways but it will usually bring up the phonepad. Also T9 works and you might want to change the setting of ABC word completion on in input settings so that you can update your dictionary.

New Nikoan89 keyboard:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536215