View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
Do I need to export the entire registry folder to make a change in SDConfig?

For example, I found the entry to change the Weather Update settings. The problem is that it's in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila] folder and there are a lot of different entries in there. I just want to change the two:

Data.DownloadWhenRoaming=dword:00000001
Data.AutoDownloadOff=dword:00000000

Is there a way for me to just create/change these two entries with some sort of code without copying anything from the registry?

Could you possibly tell me briefly what XDA_UC does? I am having a really difficult time understanding the tutorials because they don't really tell exactly what to do. Is there a code that I need to copy and change in order for it to work? Do I just create an XDA_UC folder and put my cabs in it and then the program will install them automatically? I know it's a lot to ask and I understand if you don't want to. It's just that this thread was so helpful to me. Thanks.
Export the entire registry key above and delete what you do not need using a text editor. As a general rule, do not take any value you are not trying to specifically set.

As far as XDA_UC, it is the same but it just processes the files in sequential order instead of by using the instructions in the SDConfig.txt file.

I will be writing more on it once NRG switches and I am in a better position as a teacher.