View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
bsarlo
PPCGeeks Regular

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Do I need to export the entire registry folder to make a change in SDConfig?

For example, I found the entry to change the Weather Update settings. The problem is that it's in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila] folder and there are a lot of different entries in there. I just want to change the two:

Data.DownloadWhenRoaming=dword:00000001
Data.AutoDownloadOff=dword:00000000

Is there a way for me to just create/change these two entries with some sort of code without copying anything from the registry?

Could you possibly tell me briefly what XDA_UC does? I am having a really difficult time understanding the tutorials because they don't really tell exactly what to do. Is there a code that I need to copy and change in order for it to work? Do I just create an XDA_UC folder and put my cabs in it and then the program will install them automatically? I know it's a lot to ask and I understand if you don't want to. It's just that this thread was so helpful to me. Thanks.