View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymikes View Post
I have been continuing to expand my use of MM 03232010 ROM. Great work Mike. I have been able to resolve any things I have stumbled across so far and performance is great. I did, however, bump into something that I saw both in Impact and the prior Official ROM. The current Bing cab seems to load fine and will run (with new UI) but can't/won't get/use the GPS queries (message just says "Try Later"). The conversations about this were lost in the thread cleanup but I was able to install a couple of older Bing cabs and found that the .cab named Microsoft_Bing.cab dated 11/12/2009 can use the GPS queries w/o any problem but uses the older Bing UI.

Is this a known Bing problem? or have I got a local problem? Google Maps and others seem to be able to access GPS positioning w/o issues. I haven't seen anything mentioned in the new thread so I wondering if no one is using Bing or I have an individual issue. TIA (and again, many THANKS to Mike for his great work. I have my fingers crossed for his "Final Impact". Hope you recover soon!!)
The newest Bing versions (the ones with the daily changing backgrounds) do not work with the Verizon RHOD500 gps chip and/or drivers

In other words, it's a Bing problem and has existed since the latest versions came out. It's not a fault with Mike's ROM
This post has been thanked 1 times.