View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 PM
jabson
PPCGeeks Regular

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HSPL] Imagio / WhiteStone Hard-SPL

So, I am thinking of jumping on the ship, and unlock - load ROM. I have a few questions, as I can't seem to find an answer after checking out this post and a few others.

These custom roms are made by individuals based on thier personal prefrences, like a custom car designer. Which chef has a track record of creating ROMS for a 50/35/15 gaming / texting / calling phone? I currently have a butt load of games on my phone, and text crazy to wife and kids, and finally use it to make calls. I check stocks daily, as well as my Phoenix Coyotes, and of course PPC and XDA. So I need a ROM that allows me good speed for games, stable texting, and internet quickness.

When I flash in the new ROM, if I need any service, I need to return ROM to stock, or just get the relocker?

Internet connection, I keep hearing about tethering. Have no idea what that is. I would do this flashing on my home laptop, which has internet connection via wireless modem to the home desktop. Is that more than enough? And the internet connection is wicked stable, and strong enough where I can use it at the next block.

The unlocker program, would that come with the custom rom, or do I need to get one from somewhere else?

I think thats enough noob questions for now.

I love my Imagio, but like the look of TF3D 2.5, so am willing to take this step. So one last question, can I brick this phone and make it absolutely unusable, or just loose everything on it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.