View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
hamidxa
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
I had to revert back to the Feb 10th ROM late last night (so I'd have a working phone today). Twice while customizing 3.23.10 ROM, I experienced a complete dump upon soft reset, i.e. the initial setup customization began on boot up, with everything I"d added/tweaked gone. Once was after running UX_DA to install all my cabs. The other was after active sync with my PC.

Any ideas what might be the problem? The obvious? Incompatible app or something in my PC sync folder? I did perform a clear storage after flashing the ROM and of course, ran the carrier provisioning on first start. It seems really strange that either of these would cause the equivalent of a hard reset.
Happened to me as well.

My phone hard resetted itself, and I have heard about this problem, and knew that it was more prevalent on some versions of custom ROM's out there (especially in the past), but never had experienced it personally.

Well, that all changed today. I noticed some anomalies and some erratic behavior, decided to perform a simple soft-reset, and upon the phone turning back on, I was greeted by the Provisioning screen. Ostensibly, shortly after that, I came to realize that 2 hours worth of customizations from the previous evening were lost, and that the phone had automatically hard-resetted itself.

Like you, I too am not sure about what caused it. I haven't installed anything new that I hadn't installed before in the past, and I tested every single app I installed last night, and made sure they all worked. However, this morning nothing seemed to work, and a soft-reset resulted in a hard-reset.