View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 PM
bsarlo
PPCGeeks Regular

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Not to add to the confusion, but I just have 1 or 2 cents to throw in here ...
I think that not having email might affect ROM release performance.? My email has been the cause of a lot of the issues I've experienced with this last release and Boominsvx is 100% right in my case. All of my email problems are due to UC testing. But note that I say testing. I definitely have pulled my SD card and flashed each of the ROMs. Otherwise, how could you really do any testing if you didn't know what you were starting from. I don't think that this is the majority of the reason for the surge of issues recently though. It may actually have something to do with this release. Plus, I think most people who have been following the thread can tell when someone posts a "this ROM sucks because my battery died as soon as I turned my phone on!" complaint that they are fairly new to the ROM or else they wouldn't even post that.

I thought that changing the Page Pool did affect stability? If you are running a ROM with different settings intended by the chef then would it be less stable than was intended? I definitely do not know the answer, I'm just wanting to learn about page pool. So if someone does reply and says that it definitely will not affect stability, then I've learned something and may try it in the future.

I also don't think that people in general are asking NRG to be tech support. If I were a cook (someday soon - just watch) I would know the type of posts to ignore and the types that are worth noting for the future. He obviously is not going to please evryone and most likely is designing the ROMs for himself. All of the complaints can be skimmed through to see if something he added to a release might be causing an issue. A good example: (that Boominsvx has NEVER SEEN) is the SOD. NRG has said that he has had the SOD and has been actively trying to fix the issue (hence the switch to the USC drivers?)

+1 on the best ROMs ever
+1 on the gratitude
+1 on the test as you go

Wow, I always write a ton of S**T. Sorry. Shhhhh!! Don't wake Boominsvx up! Maybe he'll never notice my "bs" (arlo).

Last edited by bsarlo; 03-23-2010 at 12:55 PM.