View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 AM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Not to add to the confusion, but I just have 1 or 2 cents to throw in here. I'm using the 21895 version dated for the 19th, and I have absolutely no issues.

Is it possible that the 23547/9 builds had issues that your build did not?

Quote:
I always unplug the charger and pull the battery before the phone has a chance to set everything up using the files on the phone just in case it carries something over. People say this is not necessary, but if I heard that something can go bad for any reason and I have the power to fix it before it does, you bet your butt I'm keeping my conscience clean. (You get your oil changed every 3k or so, don't you?)
Are you advocating for washing you hands a few extra times and checking if you locked the door 3 times before you leave the house as well?

--- spoken in a playful ribbing tone... J

Quote:
If you have sashimi or UC set up, you may want to monitor the cabs you throw in. I still believe that some of these things can cause trouble. Reading back, I see less trouble on new roms back before the wave of everyone learning how to save a ton of stuff from their phones to carry over onto new roms. Obviously these aren't problematic programs. People use and love them every day.

I have been on the soapbox before about making sure you know what you are installing, reading the _SETUP.XML in cabs, don't just dump your registry and expect it to work on the next ROM, but i am not sure that all the ROM chefs are above making mistakes (no offence NRG).

I completely agree that if you experience issues, you should try running the ROM with no customization to see if the problems existed in the base, or were introduced through your customizations.

We do need to be appreciative and constructive, but part of understanding and limiting the investment you make in flashing ROMs is leveraging the collective experience of this community. If many are having problems, there might actually be something wrong with the ROM. Remember that we all live in different places, use different carriers, and interact with our phones in our own ways.

Quote:
Reading back, I see less trouble on new roms back before the wave of everyone learning how to save a ton of stuff from their phones to carry over onto new roms.
It almost sounds like you are upset that there has been a wave of learning and experimentation going on.

Just remember, the people exporting their entire registry today and crashing their phones are likely to be the ROM chefs of tomorrow.

In all seriousness, thank you for sharing your perspective. It is the collective perspectives of all of us that make this place great and keep it balanced.