View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 AM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalone View Post
Ok, I've been messing around with it. The Configuration key seems to work properly on 21XXX ROMs, but only effects the visibility and not the order on 23XXX ROMs.

The HTCAccountManager key looks to be part of the answer for Twitter (it acts like I'm logged in, but gives me an error when I try to get updates), but no effect on Facebook. I'm going to look around the registry when I have a chance for what else needs to be done for Twitter and the Facebook app. Facebook isn't actually a HTC app, just a regular 3rd party app that's cooked into the ROM.

Any suggestions for stuff I can do to improve battery life? I'm having major issues ever since I started using NRG's ROMs and I'm trying to figure out where the drain is coming from. I've already used a lot of your cabs to disable stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. My phone used to last me 36 hours with a stock ROM, and I'm down to like 6 hours right now.
Manila Order: I use the 23xxx series. Make sure you backup the configs from that version. The ordering works for me.

Facebook: Try backing up the Facebook.vol file in the root of your internal storge. I think this should do it until they upgrade the app again.

Battery: Do not use NRG 19th or 20th. Use the 17th if you still have it. I get about 1 - 1/2 days. NRG roms are historically beautiful, but not the most power efficient. There is an entire thread devoted to the topic. I have shared everything I know about optimizing the battery in my cabs.