PPCGeeks Regular

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android running on US Cellular data service

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftrue View Post
18. Select file "pap-secrets" and open as "Text"
19. Enter in phone#@uscc.net * phone# (Example: 6414251234@uscc.net * 6414251234)
20. Press physical Windows button and select "Save"
21. Select file "options.smd1" and open as "Text"
22. Enter in user phone#@uscc.net (Example: user 6414251234@uscc.net)
23. Press physical Windows button and select "Save"
28. Enter in "busybox cp /sdcard/options.smd1 /etc/ppp/options.smd1
Hope this helps someone.
Glad to hear I could help! (Feel free to thank my posts ) Let me offer something else to y'all. If you create this little script in /sdcard and call it "fix", and "chmod +x /sdcard/fix" in your terminal, then every time you turn on your phone you open your terminal and type "su" then "/sdcard/fix" and you should have internet. (But you gotta do airplane mode on/off after that)

file you call 'fix:'

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cat > /etc/ppp/pap-secrets << EOF
phoneOResn#@uscc.net * phoneOResn#
EOF

cat >> /etc/ppp/options.smd1 << EOF
user phoneOResn#@uscc.net
EOF
---
remember to replace phoneOResn# with your phone# or esn# or msid#, whichever works for you (I think it depends on where you live... and some USCC people don't need a name and password at all!!) update.. try this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude420420
You can view the EPST settings by opening the phone, press ##778 and dial. Press view and it will show what you are looking for. Most likely though it will be yourcell#@uscc.net.
Here: http://is.gd/aSvad
is the file in case it helps.

Remember after you copy it to your SD card you have to type "chmod +x /sdcard/fix" at least once from within the console or terminal, and you always have to type "su" before you run "/sdcard/fix" every time you open up your terminal to run the internet fix script I just posted, and then Airplane mode on and off. Enjoy!

PS. There is probably also a way to make the script run through a button on your homescreen, but I am not so good with GUIs, I am more comfortable in the shell. Maybe someone with Android scripting toys can help us out?

Last edited by eval-; 03-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.