View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:30 PM
bryan_2007
Lurker

bryan_2007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Activate Sprint phone on Verizon, Altell, etc... Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Seems like alot of steps that aren't needed.

This is all you need to do really;

First check with the carrier you intend on using your phone on to see if they can and will accept it.

Call Sprint, ask them for your MSL, they will ask you for the ESN. You can play this sneaky if you want but don't need to, by telling them you needed to manually program your MSID and MDN but need the 6 digit code MSL.. YMMV, remember Sprint got sued and lost, they have to provide you with the MSL..

Go here http://www.corolada.com/prl/ and download the latest PRL for the carrier you are wanting to use. Copy this to the phone (device).

Type ##PRL# on the phone's dial pad, enter the MSL and choose to edit the prl, choose load, it will look on your device for available prls, load it up let it do it's thing, reset the phone.

Type ##PST#, edit, enter MSL, look for SID/NID.. Edit those to the appropriate settings for your new carrier. You can go here http://www.rainyday.ca/~dialtone/ to look up the PRL interpretations. Using search and find, look for the city you're in for the SID (tower #) in your area and enter it if you don't know it.

Call provider give them the info they need and follow their instructions on reprogramming your phone. Usually ##MSL# (Your MSL) then you can edit the MSID MDN.. *228 should work now, you may have to try *228xx (00-99) combination to get your carrier's activation team if you didn't get the SID right.

Your phone should work from there..

If you want to further customize or use the carrier's rom for the same device, if there is one available. You can just unlock the phone and load up that carrier's rom for your particular phone. To get features working for that carrier..

Another thing to take into mind is that you become your own tech support for any issues with your phone.

goodluck,

-CC

P.S. thought comes to mind with this, getting EVDO to work on another carrier is gonna be a

PLEASE HELP ME
i'm stuck at the part after PRL and the SID?
don't know anything about that, the website isn't working
please help me