View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 PM
drumbandit
Lurker

drumbandit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird22 View Post
Im kinda new. I just flashed this rom and it wonderful. No freezing, response to touch is very "tight" and immediate. I love it.

One question though.....

My text messages are not showing up right. For example: In a conversation with me and the same person, the entire conversation is seperated. All of their responses are grouped to gether and all of my responses are grouped together. Any fix for this?
Hard to explain I guess...

For example the conversation shows up like:
My text
My text
My text
Their text
Their text
Their text

instead of:
My text
Their text
My text
Their text

Make sense? In other words, it makes the conversation extremely hard to follow. Can some please give me a fix for this because it annoys the crap out of me
Not sure if you found a fix yet but this has worked for me:

1. Hard reset
2. Go to Settings > Other settings > Text messages > Choose Classic from the drop down (I think this is essentially the same as the reg hack)
3. Soft reset
4. Open My Phone and restore your text messages
5. Change text message settings back to Threaded
6. Soft reset
7. Go to Messaging > All Messages

At this point the texts should appear to load in the inbox starting with your earlier messages. Don't touch anything as this might screw up the loading process. After it's done, when you click on a conversation it will appear as you have said before:

My text
My text
My text
Their text
Their text
Their text

8. Go to the top of the thread and press Older to scroll through older texts. Keep pressing Older and eventually it will start to thread your sent texts in order (again don't touch anything or else it will stop this reorder process). This somehow re-orders every other conversation you have made as well. You're done!

One thing that does kind of bother me is that contacts do not appear as "Smith, John" rather it says "Smith John". Only until John Smith messages me does the comma reappear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.