ashma
Lurker

ashma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
its possbile, but it also depends on the cable you have, I would assume an HTC one would be find but it also depends on how the microUSB port got wired on the inside of it, for example, I know the Palm Pre uses "microUSB" and a standard microUSB will charge it but the iGo tip a97 won't charge it, iGo had to make a tip specifically for the Pre and Pixi even though its "microUSB"

You could be right! But I've done this on other devices in the past (HP iPAQ and BlackBerry) with no problem. The HD2 seems to be a standard port with its USB hosting capability. I'll try it on Wed, and let you guys know.

Also a while back, I purchased a generic cheap (1.99 on Amazon) car charger that had a female USB port on the end. With that, I've been able to charge 2 different BlackBerry's, an HP iPAQ 211 and a few different friends phones with no problem. It would stand to reason that anyone could buy the same car charger and just plug their included HD2 cable into it, rather than buy one for 30 dollars or so. I'll give it a try as soon as I leave RadioShack......