View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:10 PM
augozageek
PPCGeeks Regular

augozageek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
OK, here's my quick review:

Best stock ROM I've ever seen. Any other US carriers with SenseUI 2.5?
It's fast. Remember, this is Sense 2.5. I've tried lots of custom ROMs and they all were a bit laggy in 2.5 This one seems pretty quick and responsive. Seems stable . Haven't had a lockup or glitch yet. (I don't archive 1000+ texts on my phone)

My thoughts on people's biggest complaints.

1. No stealth tethering. REALLY? Did anyone actually expect Sprint to include a method to steal data service from them on this ROM? I'm surprised the workarounds still work.
  2. Flipclock 1:02 “bug”. That's the way HTC wrote it, been there on all the stock SENSEUI roms. Most of the chefs killed it. Some people like it, most don't. Good news, there's a cab to kill it.
  3. Not enough home screen links. I agree, but that's how HTC wrote Sense 2.5 What were they thinking? At least 2 ways to fix it: Cookietab, and all those 4x4 tab mods.
  4. Splash screens. People are pissed because HTC used their real logo colors on the splash? What did you expect them to use?
  5. No task manager in the upper right. Hmmm. Maybe a valid point here. I always hated how hard it was to open in there, I was always opening the HTC notification manager by mistake. Now I miss it. Of course you can always make a link to it if you really miss it. (I did).
  6. Can't set programs to kill on close instead of suspend. Again, maybe a valid point. On the other hand, the same people who complain that X to kill is gone will boast all day about how Windows Phone has multitasking. I guess I'll force myself to see how things work without killing every program I use. If it's a problem there's a cab to change it.
  7. My favorite program doesn't work on this ROM. Really? I haven't had this problem. Anything I have that worked on the chefs' 6.5/2.5 roms works for me now. That includes Sashimi and cookietab.
  8. Too much Sprint stuff. REALLY? You know it's a Sprint phone, right? You can always delete the link, or turn off the tab.

Anyway, I'm going to try and go cold turkey from my flashing addiction. This ROM is nice and stable, and it's got everything I wanted in the Custom roms. YMMV.

Hey kirstein, thought id help you out about that task manager stuff-
pissed about the task manager quick menu not being at the top on the today screen?- slide to settings, all settings, system, click on task manager, click on the button tab, you'll notice it already has a check mark on "quick menu on today screen", just click Ok now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.