View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tutorial: Making CABs using WinCE Cab Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Say saumaun...how do you create New folders using Cab Manager...I want to create about 8 Folders on my start menu without having to do it manually...
Hrm... I don't think it is possible to make a folder without putting files in there. However, you can create dummy text files in each of the folders you want, and then add an XML to the CAB to automatically delete the files after installing.

In WinCE CAB Manager there is an area to specify a Post-XML file (on the same window that you can rename your CAB file)

Here is an example of the code you would need to delete the file "initprov.lnk" in the folder "\Windows\startup\"

Code:
<characteristic type="FileOperation">
    <characteristic type="\Windows\startup\initprov.lnk"  translation="install">
        <characteristic type="Delete">
            <parm name="ForceDelete" />
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>