Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
1. Android version.
2. visual voicemail
3. Trackball
4. capacitive screen
5. Processor/RAM
6. Storage Space
7. Battery Life
So I had the same debate you've been having for about 2 months. Then, last weekend the screen on my Diamond went out...I tried to buy another Diamond off Craigslist so I wouldn't waste my upgrade bonus (hoping to hold off for a WinMo7 phone...). It didn't work out so I decided on the Hero (it just didn't make sense to drop $300 on a TP2 when you know it's obsolete out of the box).

I must say, even with the 1.5 software, this phone is everything I've been trying to get out of my phone by Flashing my Diamond every couple of days and more...the Sense is Amazing and is far superior to what I've had on my Diamond.

1. I actually prefer Android 1.5 with Sense to 2.0 without Sense (Moto Droid). At this point I can't imagine a phone without Sense and will happily wait for 2.1 with Sense instead of going with a 2.0 phone without sense.

2. Visual Voicemail is HUGE and has changed how I use voicemail. Could use a few small improvements, but they are minor.

3. I've only had it for a week so I can't comment on the dirt factor, but remember the BB relies on the trackball where the Hero has the trackball as a bonus. I rarely use it, instead opting to use the touchscreen 95% of the time.

4. The screen is fine and an improvement over the Diamond and TP2. I don't notice any sluggishness between it and an iPhone. I don't use two finger pinch zoom. I find double tap to be more efficient (I'm a one hand phone guy)

5. The processor is faster on the Droid based on specs (and if you're a Sprint customer, you really should be comparing the Samsung Moment and the Hero, which also has a faster processor), but when I've used the two, I didn't notice much of a difference. They certainly work faster than the Diamond or the TP2. My debate here was to wait for the HTC Supersonic with the blazing 1 GHZ processor, but I just couldn't hold out any longer. I have 30 days, so if there's an announcement soon, I'll adjust accordingly. But since you asled about the Droid, my sister has the Droid and she was very envious of my Sense UI regardless of the processor.

6. Too early for me to comment on as I haven't spent much time in the app store, but with the expandable Micro-SD card, I'm not concerned about it.

7. It's been better for me (I can goa full day with fairly heavy usage, but YMMV), but one is out of the box and one was a few years old. One thing that has helped is the Hero's light sensor, which dims the screen when indoors or in low light. I'm pretty sure lighting up the screen is the biggest power draw. The screen also rarely lights up on it's own (new call only, really) but that is likely a product of flashing a diamond rather than the original SW design.

Anyhow, through one week I've had no regrets with my Hero and am looking forward to the future with the phone. I'm happy to answer any more questions for you as I used this thread before making my decision...