madoc
PPCGeeks Regular

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Well it's certainly not as hackable (android, i mean).

I've never seen an iphone or another android phone with the ability to dual-boot a second OS like we are doing right now on a Windows-based OS. So you gotta hand it to WinMo; it's easily the most versatile OS on the planet

But hacking isn't for everybody. In fact, those of us in this forum are an "elite few" who even know how to tweak in the first place. Most everyone else doesn't like to deal with doing what we call a hobby (tweaking our devices)

That's why the iphone and android are so popular: you get all the flash of a smartphone, but all the "tweaking" is done for you. Most people like that, others (like us who flash custom ROMs cuz we hate that aspect) don't.

WinMo's problem is that it's ancient and has a lot of dead weight it's carrying around. That's why guys like MightyMike are so excited for WP7. It's going to purge out all the old crap that lingers with WinMo and, therefore, make it comparable to the iphone and android phones that have lots of bling and new features
Agreed. I have had so much fun loading crazy stuff on the TP1 and TP2 that I am sure to experience quite a letdown with a device I can't mess with.

My biggest problem with WinMo is the absence of routine updates. WebOS, Android, and Apple kick out upgrades and bug fixes almost quarterly. The Sprint TP2 STILL comes with WinMo 6.1 stock. 6.1!!!

I have to rely on sites like this one for my WinMo bug fixes - a strange unsanctioned arrangement (which is also great fun).