View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:04 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Not to continue beating this issue to death, but... I am still curious.

Comparing Nexus to Supersonic: From what I read here and on XDA, WinMo HD2 (which is supposed to be hardware equivalent to Supersonic) still does not have appropriate hardware enabled 2D/3D acceleration (thanks to HTC and Qualcomm!).

Will Supersonic be different??? What about Nexus???

Windows Phone 7, as I understand, must have this enabled according to MS. Will Google have similar requirements???

I think this is definitely one of the features where iphone is ahead of the curerently available WinMo phones.

BTW, anyone knows how Motorolla Droid is doing in this category??? (I know they use different processor, and it is not made by HTC).

Thanks.

Mike
Nexus One does not have hardware acceleration...

hopefully since supersonic will have 2.1 from the get go and flash support they may require it. But this is not guaranteed so who knows...for this reason I don't like HTC and Qualcomm too much..they cant afford $10 extra just to make a 500$ phone run

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.