View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: windows 7: iphone series (2 steps forward, 3 steps back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
So basically you want microsoft to never build a new mobile OS. You just want them to keep tweaking 6.5 forever? You've completely given up on the OS before it's even completed or shown outside of a couple early conferences. At least wait until reviewers get a hold of it before you freak out and overreact.
Sure I don't mind if they create a whole new OS, what I do mind though is that the new implementation lacks what the old currently has i.e. removable flash, copy/paste, file system access, multitasking and open platform for starters. They couldn't even clone the feature set of the current iPhone OS, they chose to run with something more primitive and doesn't support copy/paste. I'm supposed to be happy that they stole Apples ideology, attempted to cloned their business practices and botched the basic function that Windows is supposed to provide? Epic fail on their part IMO, it shouldn't even be called Windows at all. Everything that made this platform unique like a desktop computer is basically stripped away leaving some new shell of an OS.

For all the Apple bashing that goes on in these forums, I can't believe that more of you aren't as ed as I am. Some of you are even defending Microsoft--shame on you, we should be bashing them right now before release. Look what complaining did to the end of life of Windows XP. They caved over and over again for almost 18 additional months. All they seem to care about right now is the cell phone providers and not the end users. I can't wait until all you Microsoft "fanboys" find out the amount of apps that'll probably be rejected. We can see her lips through that burka or the carriers say, wah too much bandwidth--remove it from your app store and MS says, "yes sir!".

Welcome to the dark ages of fascist cell phone dictatorship...