View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:44 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: WP7 no removable storage, no file explorer, no usb hdd- am i missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
is it me or does it seem like winmo is just letting us go a little to easy? They have to know there are certain reasons some people still don't have an iphone and android seems to know those reasons. Microsoft has to realize the majority of ppcgeeks will go with android over wp7 as we can all see windows just wants to have their own iphone. Its as if Microsoft thinks apple is the only competitor. Android is rapidly growing and it didn't build an iphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
I still plan to get it and am very excited for it. The removable storage thing sucks but hopefully that'll push OEM's to to provide better internal storage options and make that grow. I prefer internal storage and only use an sd card because I have to. The "no file system" thing is stupid to worry about, I see no use for it. You have a file you need to use, open the program it's used by and run it. What's the problem?

I'm not completely buying that, either a misunderstanding or it's a "we don't have this feature built in yet" kind of thing. Really all that needs to be copied is text and links. If they accomplish that I'm happy.
No file explorer means definitely no 3rd party apps or installs. With android or any other system if you want to install apps from somewhere else a file explorer is needed. Even if someone was able to find a way to install custom apps without a file explorer to access those files its useless.
Google is the next skynet