View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Formula84
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23540/6.5.5}{3/13}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {23547 Stock&Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Just a quick status report. Installed Ok and haven't had any lockups yet.

I did have the 'authentication' problem with Verizon once I re-programmed. Had to call tech support and they eventually got me back online.

I Hate the default dialer installed, and usually go to CMYLYXGO's Black Dialer. Could not get that one installed. Ended up fighting that for a while and I THINK I have CMH Black Canvas with CMYLXGO's XL Inverted Dial pad. I had a lot of trouble here, so there's no telling what I have mixed and matched

Just realized search widget is defaulting to IE rather than opera. I will need to change that.

Memory usage appears to be about the same as before. No weird memory drops yet though.

Before upgrading, I used the 'Backup Settings' in MS and I exported the REG tree. When I restored, the Restore settings function did not work, but deleting the Reg Tree and importing my old one did restore all of my screens.
One interesting problem there though is that I use a lot of Contact shortcuts on my homescreen. It doesn't put them back with the same people/order.

On Communications Manager, the Bluetooth switch works of course, but I would like if I pressed the Bluetooth Icon that it would launch the Bluetooth Control panel for adding/removing devices. Is there an updated/older version of the Comm Manager that does this? I'm pretty sure It worked this way with other ROMs I have used.

-Z
Sorry you do not like the dialer, it is my fav. The restore feature is something I am yet to figure out, not sure if its related to cooking it all in or if it is the theme itself. I will attempt to find a proper backup for settings in the future. The Opera thing should be an easy fix, I used RaidZero's Opera 9.7 package and it must not have the proper reg for default. I may just do away with 9.7 all together and just keep mini and 10 in and set 10 to default.