View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
vaughnmr
PPCGeeks Regular

vaughnmr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 11 2

Some things I noticed, don't know if it makes any difference at all to you guys and gals.

I bought a cheap, oem used battery on ebay from a guy in nc. Said it had only been used <10 days, and had a bunch of them. What the heck, I needed a backup battery, so I got it ($5.37). Present battery life on a year old battery was like 8-10 hrs without intensive use.

I have a cradle that let's me charge a spare battery via an AC/DC adapter. Got the used battery in the mail, put it on the charger, and let it charge for like 4 hrs.

Swapped out the batteries, and the used battery was like KILLER, it lasted FOREVER, first time I'd had over 18 hr on a charge, overnight and it was at like 90%. So I drained the original battery, put it on the cradle charger for 4 hrs, now it acts the same way.

I guess the issue is how the batteries are being charged, using my original HTC wall charger was no way near as good as my cheap china cradle charger. It would probably pay to figure out what's going on here. Definitely good to completely discharge and then fully recharge the batteries, and maybe the chargers have an affect also.