View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yeah, I know that comparing the bars between the touch & katana are like comparing apples to oranges.....but what I was trying to say was, I'm in a location w/ known great signal, where I would think I would see maximum amount of bars on the touch, but I don't get the max.

I was comparing the debug screens between the 2 touch's. The db on the original touch was slightly better.

I just compared the db between the katana & original touch, the katana is @ -66db & the touch is @ -74db....of course they both fluctuate a bit. One big different, which I dont know what it is, is Rx Ec/Io, the katana is @ -4db, the touch is @ 63db.

I guess I was hung up on the fact that I saw the signal spike to max when it switched to 1X, but when on EV, it is much lower. matter of fact, when phone is idle at my current location on EV, it's at 4 bars, if I manually lock the phone to 1X, I get 6 bars.

thx for the replies!