View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 03:57 PM
thepolishguy
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP|Imagio KITCHEN HELP|Custom ROM HELP|HSPL General Instructions|HELP

WhiteStone\Imagio is my first PPC. I have a lot of questions and by reading the existing threads it sounds like their are a lot of people out there that could use some help. I thought we could get a thread for general questions and hopefully get answers from the experts.

BTW- THIS THREAD IS TO HELP NOOBS LIKE ME...

There are people that have never done this kind of stuff before and need help. "Why didn't you search," or, "RTFM" are not really replies to questions- so if you don't have a helpful answer or you don't want to be helpful- just move on.

But to the experts that like to be helpful- TIA!

Helpful Instructions

Unlock your phone before trying to use a custom rom.

The custom rom's do not unlock your phone. You must run the HSPL first. Sounds like a silly instruction- but I have read posts in which people thought the ROM included the HSPL. Here is a link to the "Unlocker". Make sure to donate!

http://whitestone.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

The "re-locker" is now posted.

http://whitestone.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

If something happens to your phone and you need to have it replaced- you must reflash a stock Rom and relock the phone. If you send your phone in unlocked or with a custom Rom you void your warranty. The relock link can be found towards teh bottom of the page (after you visit the above link).

Also dont forget to download the relocker as well because you have to remove hspl before you return unit..

How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL: - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

0. please make sure you already flashed stock ROM and radio, because stock SPL flash is *always* the last step before sending the device in.
1. download the Whitestone Relocker by, extract the zip and run the EXE on your PC
2. if you wish to replace RUU_Signed.NBH that got extracted, feel free to do so, but not necessary (this Hard-SPL will only allow overwrite with a SPL made by us). the included one is the 0.39.0000 stock SPL.
3. flash
4. verify if it flashed by checking version in tricolour screen, it should say 0.39.0000, not 1.01.OliNex.

YouTube HSPL and ROM flash tutorial (thanks Dash and SmartPhoneJunkies).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQkXPvmltg

HSPL not working for you? Some have reported...

...they could not HSPL their phone unless they had an active connection to the Internet while running the HSPL.

"I use my phone as a modem. I cannot be connected to the internet and active sync at the same time. Now what do I do?"

Well- there is a handy little app you can get called "Wifi Internet Sharing" that turns your phone into a mobile Wifi hot spot. It is free (the developer would appreciate your donation) and can be found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538874

After installation- look in the Settings\Connections folder on your phone for "Wifi Internet Sharing". Run it. Connect wirelessly to your desktop. Open your desktop browser. Then plug in your USB cable for active sync. Should work (worked for me).

Could Be The Battery

Having problems flashing a Rom? Your phone battery needs to be charged up over 50%.

Now that I have down loaded a custom Rom- what do I do with this file?

In most cases the file you down load is very large, may contain multiple files, so it is "zipped" up and needs to be "unzipped". You can try right clicking on the file and "extract all". You may need a handy desktop program called 7-zip. It is free.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you have downloaded the Rom and have extracted the files from the download- if there are multiple files in the folder- normally you want to double click "ROMUpdateUtility.exe". If you are flashing an Energy rom look for "Imagio_SoftwareUpgrade.exe".

How to perform a hard reset?

With the phone on...

To hard reset, just go to the Settings Tab, Menu, All Settings, System, Memory, and Clear Storage. Type in 1234 and press OK. FYI, you'll need to dial *228 and choose option 1 to activate your phone before you can use data/voice.

Hard reset if the phone is off

Just press and hold the send key, the end key, and the volume down button at the same time.

"My Data or Visual Voice Mail is not working?" Check your data settings...

You need to configure the user name and password for the #777 data connection (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Manage existing connections) ...yes data will work in some applications without it, but VVM will require it to be set manually. How to do this has been described many times in all the Imagio threads, but here are the specifics again:

User Name: [Your 10 digit mobile number]@vzw3g.com
Password: vzw

Click on Start->Settings->Connections and then click on the Connections Icon. Click on Advanced at the top and then select networks. In the first box it should already say Verizon Wireless, if it doesn't change it to that and then click on Edit. Change it to Verizon Wireless and click on Edit at the bottom. Click on Next. The next screen should have #777 there for the number - if it doesn't enter it and then click next.

Your username is

YOUR10DIGITPHONENUMBER@vzw3g.com (ie 1115551212@vzw3g.com)

and the password is

vzw

then click on finish and you should be able to connect.

If I have provided bogus information- forgive me- and nicely correct me. Thanks

Last edited by thepolishguy; 08-09-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: new kitchen release
This post has been thanked 9 times.