View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Timberwolf671
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [03/5/10]V4.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (28232 & 23542) MAX 3.0 Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
jstine,
I did some more research regarding the VZW issues in v4.1. I was initially trying to modify the file I use to set up the favorites key cab file I use to only set up the favorites button. While I was testing it out I noticed an issue with the keyboard mapping. I went back to v3.2 which did not have the issue. I compared the keyboard mapping files and found no differences. However, when I checked the verizon.cab files I noticed the v3.2 file was not the same size (420 kbytes less). I then reflashed v4.1 and checked out the keyboard after running the verizon provisioning utility. I had the same problems (the "SYM" opened mail, the mail key did nothing but the keys appeared to be mapped correctly) as before. I then ran the v3.2 verizon.cab which uninstalled the last version. Bottom line, everything ran fine. I even ran my favorites cab and was able to program the key without any issues. I know you said you've been using the same verizon.cab but maybe it got changed in the kitchen?

I just did this, so I haven't really had a chance to see what else is affected by using the 3.2 version.

Just sharing!
ST
Thanks Suntopper, will check in to it Monday. I did use a different cab for the keyboard in 4.1. Glad to see you are still with me. Not much going on here (Website). Not to many posting about the rom. But people are still downloading..
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion