View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 AM
wherestheanykey
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Thanks for the help guys I will proceed with fingers crossed. However do you see why I am so uneasy about this. One post says I will need to install the MMS Sprint 2.1 cab and one doesn't. This is why I get so confused. I wish the cook would post a quick list of steps based on how he performs a Sprint TP2 install of his ROMS to get the expected results he is aiming for.

I will let you know how it goes per my experience.

Thanks again for the best Sense 2.x ROMS I've seen!
Ok here we go, and just as an FYI again this is a Sprint branded TP2. And here is a walk thru of the upgrade to March 9th 21895 Cookie HomeTab Rom.

Went to Start>Settings>System and ran the "Wipe Device".

After set up I connected via Active Sync and flashed new ROM without incident.

After the phone restarted and got to the black TouchPro 2 screen I pulled the battery and after it died I unplugged the USB.

Put the battery back in (without starting up the device) layed it on the table and held the send and end keys and then pushed and held the power button until I got the hard reset screen.

Performed the hard reset and let the device run setups.

After the initial lauch to HTC Sense I had Ev signal, could access data and after running Quick GPS, I locked almost immediately on 6 to 8 SATS in Google Maps. So at this point I have just flashed the ROM only and phone, data and GPS connections are all working well. I can text and email but when I try to send MMS it tells me that the maximum size is 300k. So that doesn't work out of the box.

Next I went to Start>Tools and selected Carrier Provisioning, Sprint was already set to on so I hit the softkey for Apply and then Ok to reset the device. After it booted I tested MMS again and it was now set to a 1000k maximum and I was able to send the picture to myself, and a couple minutes later I received the MMS, so success. This is without installing any MMS fixing cab or any Sprint provisioning cab.

Next I opened note pad to test the keyboard and found some of the function keys to be wrong. The combination of the FN+W returns a "w" not the backwards "3" symbol. The FN+H returns a ";" not "\". The FN+J key returns a ":" not "/". The FN+B key returns a "b" not ";". The FN+N key returns a "/" not ":".

So I installed the Sprint Keyboard Fix cab and reset the device. Opened note pad again to test the results and everything was corrected as it should be. And during all of this time I haven't experienced any freezes or sleep of deaths, so kudos once again to the chef.

The only thing I can't seem to do is set my time zone for some reason. When I go to the Settings tab and select Date & Time and then Local time setting on the next screen, option for city and time zone is grayed out and I can't change it. My location for the weather tab is the correct city, but the phone is still not using the correct time zone.

Any help would be appreciated, and I hope this helps clear up some questions about just what and how, has to be done to get things working on the Sprint version.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
This post has been thanked 1 times.