View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 AM
wherestheanykey
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
After you install the ROM, you will need to run the carrier provisioning in the Tools menu - it will say that Sprint is "on", but you need to click it anyway to really provision your phone. Once you do that, your MMS will work. You will still need the keyboard fix in post #4. This should be all you have to do (other than install your own personal cabs that you like).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Optional: Open Microsoft myphone in Start/tools and sync up with it. This is a great app so if you don't use it, you may want to check it out.

Clear storage, Flash Rom, Hard Reset as soon as the phone starts to power up by taking the battery out, unplugging the USB cable, reinstalling the battery and holding the power, send, and end key.

Now you have a clean slate. Start off by going into Start/tools/carrier provisioning and select your network. Click apply and let it finish and do its thing. Reset the phone if it doesn't do it automatically.

Install the attached cab file. This should get you MMS. If it doesn't send at first, soft reset the phone. If it still doesn't send/recieve, open up Regedit in the tools menu and go to HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting and make sure that the MmscURI is correct for your phone in all three folders. Seeing as your on sprint, it should be fine as you just ran the correct provisioning.

You should now have energy working as well as MMS and all your contacts. From here on, everything else is gravy.
Thanks for the help guys I will proceed with fingers crossed. However do you see why I am so uneasy about this. One post says I will need to install the MMS Sprint 2.1 cab and one doesn't. This is why I get so confused. I wish the cook would post a quick list of steps based on how he performs a Sprint TP2 install of his ROMS to get the expected results he is aiming for.

I will let you know how it goes per my experience.

Thanks again for the best Sense 2.x ROMS I've seen!
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15