View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:23 AM
suntopper
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [03/5/10]V4.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (28232 & 23542) MAX 3.0 Roms

jstine,
I did some more research regarding the VZW issues in v4.1. I was initially trying to modify the file I use to set up the favorites key cab file I use to only set up the favorites button. While I was testing it out I noticed an issue with the keyboard mapping. I went back to v3.2 which did not have the issue. I compared the keyboard mapping files and found no differences. However, when I checked the verizon.cab files I noticed the v3.2 file was not the same size (420 kbytes less). I then reflashed v4.1 and checked out the keyboard after running the verizon provisioning utility. I had the same problems (the "SYM" opened mail, the mail key did nothing but the keys appeared to be mapped correctly) as before. I then ran the v3.2 verizon.cab which uninstalled the last version. Bottom line, everything ran fine. I even ran my favorites cab and was able to program the key without any issues. I know you said you've been using the same verizon.cab but maybe it got changed in the kitchen?

I just did this, so I haven't really had a chance to see what else is affected by using the 3.2 version.

Just sharing!
ST