View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
OMGWTF_BBQ
PPCGeeks Regular

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice@cox.net View Post
I had problems with an SD card also. I had to add msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=14000000
to the startup.txt to slow down accesses to my card then everything was fine. Without it I was corrupting the file system on the card bad enough that sometimes I had to reformat, and it almost never made it into android successfully without it. Don't know how bad that affects my performance, but it doesn't seem bad.
I was having this exact same problem after an SDcard switch. I had an unknown class 1GB that worked fine with 95-civics CDMA Android but when I switched over to a 4GB C4 a friend gave to me I couldn't get Android to boot for the life of me. I was hoping these new builds would fix my issue but it still persisted.
Every time I tried loading it, even after multiple formats my Haret would hang at:
Cleaning up...
Switching to rootfs…
GSM phone found
Checking for partition…
Creating a new data store

Then it would spam me every 30 seconds or so with another load attempt.

I added msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 and it booted Android without a problem. Although I accidentally messed up while programming the touch screen and now I can't even get past the "Welcome to Android" tutorial.
Never the less, it's booting. I've just got to delete my calibration file and be on my way!

I've skimmed some threads here and the one on XDA, but with 100 pages there's no way for me to understand where your fix for this came from. What are the limitations this commands instills?

And since I haven't thank everyone for their hard work here on PPC, let me do so.
You guys are freaking awesome and keep up the good work. THIS is why I bought a Windows Mobile device, because of the software that people like you guys create!

Edit: After installing I'm getting a lot of lag to the point where the OS is almost inoperable. Is this only me? Because I'm curious if this is because of the command I added to my start up txt.

Last edited by OMGWTF_BBQ; 03-12-2010 at 09:06 PM.