View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
sd_matto
PPCGeeks Regular

sd_matto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ][ v1.1 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 28MB :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Well I think this is as much as I'm going to put back in to it

Wow, Calk. Did you read my mind on what my bare essentials were?

The screenshot looks great.

For the programs, it looks like you have covered all the bases (I would have preferred Opera Mobile to IE for the browser, but that's a small thing I can live with - Maybe the internet browser can be a CAB install?). I will also be adding Auto Call Recording, HTC WiFi Sharing and WModem, but those are personal preference items (having said that, if you could bake those into your ROM, yummy!).

In the settings, looks like you have also covered what I view as essentials. A couple of suggested modifications (again, if you could bake these into your ROM, much appreciated):
Personals Tab: Remove "Lock" (I never use that);
System Tab: Reinsert "Device Information" (I like to see it all in one place without going to EPST), "GSensor" + "Text Messaging" (these last two suggested only if your ROM does not already have the precalibration (for GSensor) or the threaded SMS (for TextMessaging) hard-programmed in), and TVOut (seldom used functionality, but I have the cable!!).
Connections Tab: Would be nice to have an upgradeable (via CAB?) Comm Manager (i.e., so I can have the HTC WiFi Sharing built into Comm Manager), but not essential. Otherwise, this tab is great.

It also looks from the screenshot that you moved away from the 6.1 core (that looks like a 6.5 file explorer screenshot, though maybe I am mistaken). Is that correct, or am I just mistaken?

Again, thanks for all the hard work in getting this done. This ROM of yours just ROCKS AS-IS, and please don't view what I write above as anything but personal-preference suggestions of mine. I LOVE WHAT YOU DO, CALK.