View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:04 AM
chewie8han
PPCGeeks Regular

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethis1 View Post
so i'm new with the kitchens and creating my own roms, although i've actually managed to cook a few that are working pretty well

ONE QUESTION THOUGH! i know this is simple (yes im new with this so be kind), but can i add .cab files to my rom. for example, if i wanted to have motweets cooked with me rom.

thanks a lot guys.
This is something that's been talked about a lot recently. If you search the thread for cab to ext, or how to add a cab, you might find some more information. However, if you go to this link which has all of this thread's attachments
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=95635
and look for Cab2Oem2Ext.zip (or use this link), that should help you. Just extract the folder and look at the read me file.
After you've created your new EXT folder, you'll most likely put it into the EXT\Common\Packages folder. That should be where a lot of applications are (I'm not at my PC that has the Kitchen installed right now). Whatever you name that folder is what it will appear as in the Kitchen, so name it something that you'll remember. I make most of my EXT folders called Kevin-XXXXX or ZZ-XXXX. Kevin to know that they're mine, ZZ for stuff that has to be added last in the kitchen.

Hope this helps,
Kevin
This post has been thanked 2 times.