View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 AM
nrfitchett4
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
In his defense, it's been asked a LOT recently. It doesn't take much to search the thread, or read through things. I don't ask a lot of questions on here, because when I want to learn how to do something, I search first. Almost everything that a noobie is going to ask has been answered numerous times in not only this thread but all over the forums. In fact, I've noticed a lot in the past 5 or so pages an abundance of people asking about Device ID. Each time they've been told to select the Device again, but it keeps getting asked. It's something that a simple search would have turned up.
The start icons thing (both icons and order) has been discussed here numerous times in the past maybe 50 pages. In fact, I think there's been at least 3 or 4 very good explanations for how to set up the icons, each a different way. So I don't think asking to have someone search for how to do something is all that unreasonable.
I'm tired of people posting stuff like "search first" too. Because it shouldn't have to be said at all. I'm also tired of people complaining about those posts because they give even less information. A search will give an answer. "Don't tell me to search" posts don't even come close to anything informative. If you don't like people saying to search, then maybe you should find the solution and offer help instead of telling someone else to do it.
That said, if you've truly searched first and still can't find the answer (it happens) feel free to ask. We're all here to help.

Rant over, Goodnight everyone.
Kevin

how about instead of griping about it, have a mod put the link to the how-to another poster came up with in the first post so it is there.

kind of hard to find an answer to a question in a 10k post thread. i did find it by googling it, which referred me back to this thread, while the search function on the forum gave me no results.

sorry that some of us are new to the flashing game and haven't been here since the TP1 days of flashing.

This post has been thanked 2 times.