Old 01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
GoatDweller
Lurker

GoatDweller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
You have an older ROM based on an early ROM version of WM6 I believe. You should upgrade this to the fully functional WM6 kitchen process.

Ok so now how do I do this Steve?? Well its fairly easy. In this forum is a noob's guide to flashing your phone with the WM6 kitchen. Its put out by GA Medic. Get it, read it, live it, love it! Next read alot more about whats out here and what people are asking. Search the forum for possible answers to some questions you might have. Last but not least ask us. We are all here to help. I was a noob once upon a time...now I am fairly proficient at working my phone but still ask some noobie questions from time to time.

We are a community. Tap into the collective. You shall be assimilated....resistance is futile!

Steve
Awesome and thank you for the nice welcome!

I hope there is something in that guide for having an older rom and flashing the new one, because I have made several attempts to get things such as the compact framework redistr file but when I tried to install it -my device had said I am running it, and I would need to un install the current one on my 6700 in order to install the new one, but I have no idea where that file is OR if I really need the new one at all?

One more thing...
I have a GOPASS BT GPS model # GPT-600 (discon) and it will not pair..
My xv6700 sees it when I add a new device
Next I add the passkey which is 1234, as per the instructions of the BT GPS
THen I assign a serial port and a com port for both program and hardware....

It comes with a PPC tester and it doesn't see any satellites and I am out of options as I have spent the last 5 days online searching for the right answers

Then after all of the configs are done I tap search for BT defvices....
This is what happens:
IT sees the BT GPS and attempts to connect
THEN a note comes up saying passkey is 0000???
Then nothing connects..