Keatre
Lurker

Keatre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgiant View Post
anyone else having weird keyboard lock up issues with this rom. i noticed that my keyboard locks up and then the entire phone locks up until i do a soft reset via the button on the bottom. then presto! everything works again and happens again like every other hour. no i dont think the problem is physical with the ribbon cable thingy under the phone cuz i donthave to do anything but soft reset and it works again. I did a clear storeage on it and it worked for a day before the problem came back. any ideas?
Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue. I'm a flashaholic, and I stuck with NFSFAN's ROM w/ 1.4 because it seemed to lock up A LOT less than other ROMs. Since I've updated to 1.5, though, it seems it's become much worse. I'm having the same exact problem you are, and it's only been horrid since the update.

Such is the dilemma I'm in, stock ROM seems to have less keyboard issues, but is slow as hell. NFSFAN's is incredibly fast and responsive, but the keyboard issue has returned.

If anyone has had similar issues, please report.

EDIT: Also, in relation to the keyboard lockup, my phone's screen will not turn off. It will just go black, but stay lit (like putting a bad source on a TV). This drains the power incredibly fast if I don't realise it. This has always been the case with my phone, just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

Last edited by Keatre; 03-10-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Another problem.