Thread: 6800 or i760?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 09:30 PM
quantumparticle
Lurker

quantumparticle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just got my i760 a couple days ago. I'm still getting used to it. Previously I owned a Treo 700w for the last year and a half or so. I miss the one handed operation and the physical volume/vibrate switch, but thats about it.

My major reason for going with the i760 over the xv6800 was mostly cosmetic. I liked the black case, the xv6800 is fugly. The bigger ROM in the xv6800 was no big deal, as I knew I would be installing most things to my memory card anyways. I admit the xv6800 has better overall hardware options for the most part.

I liked the i760 for the looks. It looks professional. It feels solid. It came with an extra battery (which is awesome when traveling). I bought a charge+sync cable from amazon for cheap, so its no big deal that it didn't come with the cable (neither did the Treo). I actually think the camera on the i760 looks rather nice compared to other 1.3mp camera phones.

I like the keyboard on the i760 better than the xv6800. The keys are slightly spaced out on the i760. When I tried typing on the xv6800 keyboard I found that I kept pressing extra keys on accident.

Overall I don't believe that the specs are that hugely different.
You can compare both side by side here: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...d1=696&id2=697

All that said, if you are uber into hacking up your device, the HTC xv6800 might be your better choice. Thats not to say I'm not all into hackin it up, lets just say I like a challenge. I'm going to stick with my choice of the i760 and not look back. I dig it.