View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 PM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaska View Post
All I can say is this, Every time I see an Iphone I pull out My Mogul, And in about 20 seconds after seeing all I can do and what they can't. They regret getting those overpriced hunks of junk. To date I think Im personally to blame for 4 or 5 Iphone returns, and at least 3 WM Device sales! XD
Well, guys, I've got both a mogul and an ipod touch - and I admit I have fired up WMWifiRouter more then a few times to do some browsing on the touch instead of the mogul when there was no open wifi around... and to check imap email... but that's it really. I promise.

The mobile platform Apple has made is a pretty decent technical achievement - getting darwin to run well in 128mb of ram, creating a ui framework that works efficiently with low-resolution finger presses, getting decent battery life out of a machine with a battery half the size of the average winmobile machine... not too shabby, really.

Of course, the first thing I did was jailbreak mine, install the native toolchain folks have hacked together, and generally voided all legal agreements. But you just have to be able to ssh into your ipod and get your root shell prompt. Then install apache, and your custom php web-app. It's a pretty decent platform, even if apple doesn't want anyone to get to it.