View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 AM
somemorestuff
N00b

somemorestuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 08 2

Quote:
Originally posted by Fiya
I too have had issues where the tactile feedback would mysteriously stop working. What I found worked everytime was to remove the stylus and then put it back. I know that by default its set to turn off the vibration if the stylus is out... maybe thats a little out of whack.
Thanks Fiya - Der! I didn't even know there was a setting to turn it off when the stylus was out (that was my problem - although I had to take it out and put it back a few times to get it working again)! Is that a Reg entry? Can we add that to the settings menu somehow (where IS that thread)?

Quote:
Originally posted by rootlinux
Volume settings can play with the feedback.
Thanks now I know Root! I checked it out, if on "silent" then feedback doesn't work at all, if on "vibrate" or higher it seems to work - maybe this is actually correct behavior? Feedback doesn't seem to work on the lock screen either, but again maybe this is actually correct behavior. Or maybe more candidates for the settings menu?

Oh, I noticed a couple weird things:
The "back" button does weird things when you're in the start menu - sometimes it says "OK" (which goes back to the prior menu if you're in a folder) and sometimes it shows the windows logo - which executes S2U2. Neither of those seem to match the icons I remember from EnergyROM.
The "show/hide" keyboard button on the dialer slightly overlaps the contacts and menu button.

DEFINATELY NOT DEALBREAKERS! I'm just happy this ROM is smooth and SMS/MMS works.

BTW - do you plan to share your kitchen? Thanks again!