View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 04:34 AM
fiyah
Regular 'Geeker

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 08 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by somemorestuff View Post
These ROMs are awesome - with all the SMS and MMS issues I was having on Energy I'm so glad you finally cooked in a good working landscape version!

I'm having some weird trouble with tactile feedback - I would like it to remain enabled (as opposed to some others on the forum here ):
On RedRum (03082010 version - sweet btw) - it worked great until I installed my basic settings (bing, galarm 2.1.2, & MS Voice Command 1.6.2800. I'm not sure where it got hosed up but it was somewhere in there... I could turn on vibrate for the hard buttons, but nothing for the screen even though the settings said it was on.

On DarkRoot (03082009? version) - it was turned off, but turning it on didn't do anything. I was restoring with PIMBackup (it crashed at the end when trying to restore shortcuts) and suddenly it was working. Unfortunately the interface was sluggish due to the crash, so I rebooted and of course it wasn't working again after reboot. I tried doing the PIMBackup thing again, but it didn't work twice, so I don't know what happened to temporarily enable it. Same deal, hard buttons appear to vibrate fine, but not for the screen.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere above.

Thanks again for such great ROMs!
I too have had issues where the tactile feedback would mysteriously stop working. What I found worked everytime was to remove the stylus and then put it back. I know that by default its set to turn off the vibration if the stylus is out... maybe thats a little out of whack.