View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I also wrote something, although as far as I know it wasn't published:

"I understand that the iPhone needs to exist in this world, however I think that it was a very poor choice for Invention of the Year. It did have enough marketing and hype behind it to deserve that title, however I would expect at least the likes of a journalist to have seen through all of that.
I would like to point out that there is not one single thing that the iPhone does that is revolutionary for a phone, with the exception of its easy to use interface.
Many enthusiasts have referred to this interface as "dumbed down" rather than "innovative".
All of the features this phone presents have been available on Windows Mobile and Palm devices for years, not to mention the myriad of features NOT available on the iPhone (stereo bluetooth, push email, custom intefaces, real hardware QWERTY keyboards... most importantly, third party application support!).

True, the average person has trouble understanding how to watch youtube on a windows mobile or Palm device. The iPhone presents you with everything you can do in a simple to use fashion, and for that it is to be commended. However, make no mistake, the things I do on a day to day basis with my phone (and the last 3 that I've owned) are not possible on the iPhone.

I dare to call it the "Smartphone for Dummies"."