View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Riptide9
VIP Member

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: Battery Issues - Energy ROM - THREADED

Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz1138 View Post
Interestingly enough, the other day the battery drained out despite being plugged into a USB port that I usually use to charge. It took over an hour, plugged into my car charger before it would even turn on again. It was bad enough that I ended up re-flashing to MightyRom War, and saw a noticeable battery improvement. A shame, as I really liked Energy.

Raz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
i've discovered that on my phone, the problem is just running the bluetooth stack. nothing else.

on one occasion, i was driving with the phone plugged in and charging and the battery drained down to almost nothing! i was using google maps and bluetooth stack. i turned off google and data services and the phone was hardly charged up after an hour of charging. i turned off the blue tooth stack and the battery charge jumped up to the green level (i'm using vistahide battery guage program) within 5 minutes.

If you don't have quick charge enabled you can very easily have a higher discharge rate than your charge rate. (See post #5) The standard usb charge rate is only 400mA + and with BT on you could be above a discharge of 480mA+.... with the nuebattery drivers you can enable this and have a charge rate of 900mA+

Also keep in mind that ENRGZ states that he puts these roms out with the settings like HE likes ... backlight 100% etc. He doesn't set anything at all for good battery life

See ENGRZ Quote "I dont care about the battery life either.. that's why I have a charger wherever I am and even in the car!"
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=12588

You definately need to do some fine tuning if you are looking for better battery life.... yes requires a little work, but IMHO it's worth it... instead of switching to another rom because you think that you can't get good battery life with enrgz.
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 03-08-2010 at 12:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.