View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 PM
alfredo-x
PPCGeeks Regular

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

just in case anyone is wondering why i wanted the 1% driver removed and replaced with a 10% increment driver, it's because everything your device does is done with electric signals, including the reading of your battery levels. so if you're polling the battery to tell you how much charge it has left, you are actually using the battery's energy to calculate the amount of charge left and display it to you.

now if you think about it, if the driver is going to display you some accurate 1% increments, it will have to poll the battery at least a couple of times every 2-4 min., whereas if it only has to display status in increments of 10%, it will only have to pull the battery once every 5-10 min. or so. now if you add up that in one day there's 86400 minutes, then the polling of the battery surely adds up... if it was up to me, i'd rather have a battery driver that displayed only in increments of 20%, but anyways, yeah, the polling does add it.

once i applied the new nueBattery driver, and disabled the 1% increment, my phone has stayed at 50% for over 4 hours now, whereas, in the morning it went down 35% in just 5 hours.

so yes it does make a difference, try it for yourself if you doubt it.

also, defenetly make sure you set your screen brightness to "auto-adjust"