View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 AM
flyers2114
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Can't speak for the man......

I believe flashing back to stock shouldnt be needed. I always hard reset right before a flash then hard reset after with a soft reset for chits and gigs at the end. I have never had an issue. I flash to stock only if I get bugs. I think NRG has said before that this is all that should be needed though but not gonna dig up a quote.

if I am wrong NRG or someone else please correct me.
I only flash back to stock if major issues arise...have not done that in a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Doesn't everything end up running from RAM and therefore at the same speed? I thought that when you hard-reset, your ROM gets copied to Storage. When you install new stuff (post-ROM CookieMonster for example), you can install to Storage or SD. Either way you end up getting your code copied from where it is stored to RAM (Program Memory) then it executes from RAM. The copy from Storage to RAM, I think, would be quicker than the copy from SD to RAM, but the programs run from RAM either way. If that's not all correct, someone that knows please straighten me out.

thanks
Honestly Mike it is trial and error....I have found when cooking that some apps perform better when cooked in and then some apps perform better with just cab install...you would think cooked in would be better always..... but these phones as we all know are very quirky when it comes to things like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
NRGZ - why the move back to LEO?
Most cooks are finding Leo is performing better...smoothness and stability...i have seen a few revert back the last week or so...