View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Converting UC to XDA_UC

Using XDA_UC

Q: What is the difference between UC and XDA_UC?

A: Not much really. You can do many of the same things except XDA_UC is script based and uses a flattened structure for XML, REG, MSCR, and CAB files. It does other things as well and applications can vary. I am just going to cover the basics here. FYI - UC does not support REG, so this is a clear advantage.

Getting Started with XDA_UC
  • Create a folder on your storage card called XDA_UC
  • Dump your XML, REG, MSCR, and CAB files in it and you are ready to go.
  • Pretty easy right?
The best place to find out what other things XDA_UC does is here: Converting from UC to XDA_UC

You could just dump your files in the directory and go. Me personally, I like to keep my files organized on my computer the I used to do it for UC.

For that reason, I created the attached old school CMD file to create the XDA_UC folder on my computer so I can just copy it to my phone.
  • Unzip the file to your SdConfig folder right below the "Storage Card" folder.
  • Edit the file to represent your folder structure.
  • Run the CMD and it will delete and recreate the XDA_UC folder for you (Warning - it will delete any files you put directly in the XDA_UC folder).
Please ask questions and I will try to add content to the post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MakeXDA_UC.zip (369 Bytes, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 08-12-2010 at 10:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.