View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:02 PM
apinkel
PPCGeeks Regular

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 23541 | 2/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Anyone know where I can get a (inexpensive $1-$4 shipped) OEM quality screen protector for my diamond?

I checked dealextreme and then have some for less than $2 shipped, but they are for the GSM version with a hole for the front facing camera (and I'm too neurotic to handle having that extra hole, lol). Plus I've bought some screen protectors from them before for my old touch and they were crap - the surface scratched easily making it look horrible just after a few weeks.
I just bought a diamond and the prior owner included the OEM protectors for the GSM version (item id is ST P170).

Link to the item on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Diamond-Pr.../dp/B001CBNT0E

As you mentioned the GSM screen protector has the front-facing camera hole but it's also a bit too tall for the screen. The width is just fine however. So what I did is to just cut the top part of the screen protector off. It's working well.

I've tried another screen protector made from the stuff used for clear-bras on cars... I was not a fan... my finger would catch on the protector which made it difficult to scroll. The OEM protectors are much better.

If you find a source of OEM protectors specifically for the sprint diamond, please post back.