View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:27 PM
captblaze
Halfway to VIP Status

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
I converted several cabs to EXT's. Many work just fine when the converted ext's are cooked in. Some just dont show up in the start menu or any where in can find them. How does one trouble shoot these problems?
I hear of the dreaded setup.dll. How can you tell if the cab has the problem file?

I'll do you best to not be a noob for long. Thanks for you help.
you need a program like winCE cab manager (expensive but very good) to extract the files from the .cab, then you need to read the setup.dll file (i use reshacker, but there are others) to see what it contains and then from there you need to figure out how to build it into the EXT.

i have been playing around with that for sometime, with moderate success
This post has been thanked 2 times.