View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Nosey
Regular 'Geeker

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 23541 | 2/26

I just switched from an alltel prepaid to regular alltel account, not I have unlimted data, but my battery life sucks, my phone has been unplugged for 2 hours, and I'm down to 70%, with the phone just sitting on the table, I am in an area where I am always roaming so I have my phone set to roam only and to 1x (can't get ev in this area either)

I hadn't noticed much the last month or so because I have left it charging and easy access to charge it, but I started a new job where I can't just plug it in at anytime (not yet atleast, maybe in a few weeks) and each day last week, within 4 hours of being at work I was down to about 20% battery

I recall prior to sometime in January, one of these roms gave me great battery life (with data turned off but my roam settings the same)

anyone have any good suggestions?

I have my email set to check every 30 minutes and the weather is set to every 12 hours (mainly due to having to answer Yes to roaming when it checks)

I guess if it's the constant data connection that is draining so fast, is there a way to turn the data on/off automatically only when it's being accessed

it's been over a year since I've worried about using a data connection, I haven't kept up with anything dealing with it